Feed That Bird: Community and Account Manager
We are looking for a strong all-rounder to join the Feed That Bird team!
If you are self-driven, inquisitive, ambitious, have an excellent understanding of social media, can write engaging copy and hold a wine-industry qualification, then read on…
Who are we?
- Feed That Bird is a small team of experienced PR and social media professionals with a strong focus on wine, lifestyle and tourism industries. We are proud to serve the interests of innovative and well-known brands, and we work extremely hard to ensure our clients maintain an authentic brand voice across all media, public and social channels. We are a creative, deadline-driven, people-first company with a penchant for winning at work and life.
Who are you?
- You love wine and you have more than just a social interest in the wine industry. You know the value of different wine competitions and you know how to ‘read’ ratings. You are obsessed with words and know how to write copy that engages the reader. You more than just ‘understand’ social media, you can manipulate and work it to create a community of followers that you can turn from passive observers to active buyers. You have PR agency and event management experience. You are a creative and strong-minded person. We won’t mind it if you are a bit of rebel, too.
Job-level: Junior to mid (depending on experience)
- The community manager will have a range of responsibilities across multiple brands and should have a proactive, can-do attitude and creative, solutions-focused approach.
Your duties will include
- Manage day-to-day activities on social media profiles.
- Set, plan and implement social media and communication campaigns and strategies.
- Analyse key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Content management: develop relevant content topics to reach the brand’s target customers
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for all social media accounts
- Monitor, listen and respond to users while cultivating leads
- Act as an extension of the client’s customer service efforts online, tracking conversations and responding to customer complaints and queries in a timeous fashion.
- Report on feedback and online reviews
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
- Compile monthly feedback reports, showing results (ROI).
- Analyse campaigns and translate data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Organize and manage events to boost brand awareness
- Support PR team with executive duties like feedback and coverage reports, press drops, media lists and rsvp services.
- Build relationships with customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Write press releases and adapt for digital and social media use
- Manage ad-spend and provide feedback
- You will be required to identify influential individuals on all social platforms to build a database in which we are able to connect with and get the product in hand to introduce our brand to them and in turn increase coverage and following.
- Proven work experience as a community manager or similar role
- Creativity and immersion in social media
- Experience planning and leading community initiatives
- Ability to identify and track relevant social media KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Self-driven and ability to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Hands on experience with social media management
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management)
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Wine marketing or industry qualification
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent time management.
- 2 Years’ agency experience
- Driver’s license and own vehicle
Starting date: 1 June
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions close on 23 May.